Key Initiatives of the Jewish Federation & Foundation of Rockland County
Strategies should not be thought of in isolation but rather overlap where doing so makes best use of available resources.
- Build relationships with Rockland County synagogues and organizations and work together to improve the experience of living Jewishly in Rockland County
- Reach out across the community to build a coalition of both secular and religious communities, including synagogues, agencies, elected officials and governmental agencies, and other non-profits that will work together to fight the pernicious rise of anti-Semitism in Rockland and beyond
- Grow Federation’s Annual Campaign in both total dollars and number of donors through strategic messaging, innovative strategies, improved customer experience, and by deepening personal connections
- Encourage participation in Life & Legacy®, a program from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, to ensure the financial resources for a vibrant Jewish future in Rockland County
- Showcase Israel as a unifying force among Jewish people across the cultural and religious spectrum; advocate for Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, highlighting her leadership in multiple areas of achievement
- Provide special support for K’far Silver, the boarding school in southern Israel that serves multicultural students, many of whom have emigrated to Israel independent of their families; and Leket Israel, the national food bank and charity that rescues nutritious surplus food for those who are often hungry
- Increase the connection between families with young children to Rockland’s Jewish community through PJ Library
- Utilize the Compelling Needs™ grants-making process to engage community leadership donors through education and site visits and stimulate new initiatives, innovation and experimentation among the agency partners
- Build a broad platform for leadership training and enhancement with a primary focus on the board members and potential board members at Community Weaving participant organizations.